ESD Wrist Strap Tester
Wrist Strap & ESD foot wears are the first line of defence against electrostatic charges build up on the human body. They are designed to carry away this charge as soon as it is generated. At the same time wrist strap/foot wear must remain electrically safe for the user. Thus, it is important to test every wrist strap / footwear regularly. In order to protect the sensitive electronic components the maximum wrist strap resistance should not more than 10 Meg ohms and foot wears resistance should not more than 100 Meg ohms. On the other end, the resistance should not be less than 0.75 Meg ohms as protection to the wearer from dangerous level of the voltage and current flow. The wrist strap and the footwear tester checks these parameters under actual operating conditions with the strap on the wrist or foot wear to the foot. It clearly indicates weather or not the resistance of the wrist strap/foot wear system including the wearer is at least 0.75 Meg ohms and not more than 10/100 Meg ohms respectively.
- Range : Wrist strap 0.75 to 10 Meg ohms
- Foot Wear 0.75 to 100 Meg ohms
- Range Selection : By slide switch
- Indications : Pass – GREEN LED
- LOW & High fail – RED LED (With Alarm)
- Test actuation : By gently pressing metal sensor plate
- Accuracy : +/- 10%
- Power supply : 9 Volt Battery
- Low battery : Warning at 7.0 V
- Dimensions : 135 x 70 x 30 mm
- Weight : App. 150Gms with battery
- Calibration : Recommended every 12 months
- Warranty : 12 Months
- Optional : Instruction Board, Foot Plate, Carry Case & Door Locking System.